FC5 minimal

Phil Bettinson phb at llgc.org.uk
Tue May 2 09:35:33 UTC 2006

Perhaps with something like this:

lang en_US.UTF-8
langsupport en_GB.UTF-8
keyboard uk

In the kickstart file. In mine it's the frist few lines.

Hope this helps.

Phil

Robin Bowes wrote:
> Jesse Keating wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 2006-04-17 at 10:37 -0700, Shabazian, Chip wrote:
>>
>>>Be aware however, that this usually results in a system that is
>>>unusable.  You need to build back up from @base in order to get a good
>>>build.  I have no idea what these packages might be for FC5.
>>
>>%packages --nobase
>>@Core
>>
>>will give you a system that is usable, but has no yum, no lftp, no man
>>pages, no a lot of stuff.  You do get rpm, and thus python so thats
>>good.  It is usable, just difficult to add to it from there.
>

> I've been working on this today, and this post scratch my itch nicely!
>
> I use this:
>
> %packages --nobase --resolvedeps
> @Core
> yum
> openssh-server
> openssh-clients
> # list of other packages here
>
> This way I can add only just those packages I need and don't get all the
> other cruft that comes with the standard install and isn't needed on
> servers.
>
> Now, if I could only work out how to set LANG to en_GB.UTF-8 on
> installation ...
>
> R.

			Phil Bettinson

Swyddog Gweinyddu Systemau	Systems Administrator

Isadran Cyfrifiaduron        	Computer Section
Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru    National Library of Wales
Aberystwyth, 			Aberystwyth
Ceredigion, 			Ceredigion
SY23 3BU			SY23 3BU

Ffôn / Phone: 01970 632X867    	Ffacs / Fax: 01970 615X709
EBost / Email: phb AT NOSPAM llgc.org.uk  We / Web: http://www.llgc.org.uk