LVM problem after kickstart install on RHEL4

Ajitabh Pandey Ajitabh.Pandey at bds.tv
Thu May 4 16:58:10 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-04 at 09:44 -0700, Shabazian, Chip wrote:
> Have you installed lvm on these boxes before?

LVM, yes, many times, but everytime manually installed the OS. This is
the first time I am trying to do that on Kickstart.

> On the HP DL servers,
> with CCISS controllers, I've noticed a failure on them if there were
> existing lvm partitions unless you clear the partition table with
> --initlabel:
>
> clearpart --all --initlabel

That's what I am doing, see my kickstart file.

> Alternatively, you can delete and re-create the partitions in the CCISS
> controller BIOS.

First time when I started, I did that. Cleared everything from BIOS and
recreated the disk arrays.

This is the first time I am doing LVM in kickstart, but from google I
understand that people do that all the time, but I havent come across
any example on CCISS based systems. PErhaps someone who has done that
can pitch in also.

Regards.
--
Ajitabh Pandey| Linux Systems Administrator
bds - Broadcasting Dataservices Ltd

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Broadcasting Dataservices. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender