Newbie questions about Kickstart

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Wed May 10 23:05:24 UTC 2006

Dean Troyer wrote:
> On 5/10/06, Philip Prindeville <philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com>
> wrote:
>> Hi.
>> (1) when you specify "ks=cdrom", where does this imply the ks.cfg
>>    file to be?  In the top-level directory of the DVD?
>
> Yes; it'll look for \ks.cfg.  You can also specify the actual device
> name and a full path to a different file name:
>
> ks=cdrom:/ks/hostname.cfg
>
>> (3) where does the output of %post get logged?  vt3?  But not a file?
>
> I just send output to /dev/tty3 so it's all there with the other stuff
>
> echo "* Executing non-chroot post" >/dev/tty3
>
>> (4) when %post is run, have the repos been created yet?  I tried running
>>    yum, as in:
>> Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: core
>> Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: core
>
> This could be because your networking isn't set up or you're running
> in the chroot %post and don't have access to your install media.
>
> dt

And that's what I didn't understand...  Even in a non-chrooted shell, I
still
don't have access to the DVD (it seems to have been unmounted already)
and the networking isn't up...  Which is odd, because I have:

network --device eth0 --onboot boot --bootproto dhcp

in there.  At what point does Anaconda unmount the CD/DVD media?

Surely not before running %post scripts...

-Philip