Problem with copying file from install CD to harddrive in %post

Pat patchu1 at yahoo.com
Thu May 11 19:24:52 UTC 2006

I tried your suggestion Phillip however /mnt/source
was not found. After doing some more digging, I found
an old thread which addressed this issue. See 'Install
of rpm packages in %post - script' thread at:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/kickstart-list/2004-April/thread.html#00024

Here's the section I added which enabled me to copy my
files from the install disc.

%post --nochroot
mkdir -p /mnt/source
mount /tmp/cdrom /mnt/source
cp /mnt/source/custom.tar.gz /mnt/sysimage/root/
umount /mnt/source

Hope this helps someone else out there. Thanks!