Crashing on missing network adapters

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Wed May 17 16:00:55 UTC 2006

Alain TAUCH wrote:

>On Wed, 17 May 2006 09:35:43 +0100
>Alan Barrow [Alan] wrote:
>
>[...]
>Alan> Otherwise build 2 DVD's. One without networking and one without.
>
>Or just one DVD with multiple kickstart files, you can still choose
>at the boot prompt.
>
>But I agree with Philip, it could be nice to have the missing adapters
>information just dropped, instead of exiting the installation process.

I'm not saying drop it...  I'm saying store it away so that it's there
when the NIC's are present...

Of course, I noticed that what goes into the ifcfg-ath0 file (or whatever)
is a comment with the PCI id information, and the hardware MAC
address, both of which would be unavailable...  Hmmm...  I haven't
looked too much at the scripts to see why ${HWADDR} is even being
used.

-Philip