[kickstart] Need newer kernel during install(?)

Bill Schoolcraft bill at wiliweld.com
Wed May 31 19:49:50 UTC 2006

Hello Family,

I have a kickstart process that has been working for a while and
wanted to have a newer kernel install vs the default one for RHEL4
and when I switched (replaced) the

kernel-2.6.9-5.EL.i686.rpm  with

kernel-smp-2.6.9-22.0.1.EL.i686.rpm

in the packages directory it complains of course that the former
kernel is missing.

I can't seem to find where I can implicitly state that version of
the kernel.

My package list, as I inherited the kickstart engine, has standard
pacakage addons and at the top of the package list file, two entries

@ Core
@ Base

plus filenames such as, but not limited to...

glibc
glibc-common
glibc-kernheaders
glibc-headers
glibc-devel
cpp
gcc
libstdc++
libstdc++
gcc-c++
compat-db

and I need to find the syntax to add the following file...

kernel-smp-2.6.9-22.0.1.EL.i686.rpm

I tried adding a line like this and it did not seem to grab the
above mentioned file...

kernel-smp

Thanks for any consideration to reply to this.

--
Bill Schoolcraft | http://wiliweld.com

"If your life was full of nothing but
sunshine, you would just be a desert."