pump told us: No DHCP reply received

David Mackintosh redhat-list at xdroop.com
Mon Nov 27 21:25:15 UTC 2006

On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 04:08:07PM -0500, Klaus Steden wrote:

> If I start the bootstrap install procedure, if I have my machine connected to
> the 6600 switch, I get no link. Nada. Nothing. Zip. No DHCP broadcast is seen
> by the server (on the same subnet as the affected machine). I've even tried
> connecting the DHCP server physically to the same switch, and again, it
> doesn't even see a request from Kickstart.

Check the spanning-tree settings on the affected port and
switch-wide.  Spanning-tree negotiation can take a long time, and
while the NIC connected to the port thinks that the port is up, it
isn't really, so packets sent to it while it is in this state get
eaten.

--
 /\oo/\
/ /()\ \ David Mackintosh |