clearpart --all

Andre Ruiz andre.ruiz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 16:53:58 UTC 2006

Before the "part" commands in my kickstart file, I have the following:

# disk and partitions
zerombr yes
bootloader --location=mbr
clearpart --all --drives=hda --initlabel
part...
part...
part...

Please check the meaning of the extra options before using, I did that
a long time ago and do not remember what they are anymore.

andre

On 11/29/06, termeau sebastien <termeau at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am creating a 2 new Linux distribution, one based on RHEL 4 Update 4 and
> the other one based on CentOS 4.4.
> I use the same kickstart file for both.
> In my kickstart file I use "clearpart --all", but during the installation of
> the RHEL, a message box still ask me if I want to delete all the partitions.
> In fact it say (it is a translation from french of the message I saw few
> hours ago .. ) "Your partitions are not usable, do you want to delete
> everything?"
> So the same kickstart file does not work exactly the same way with RHEL and
> CentOS.
> Do you have an idea to solve this issue?
> Best Regards

Andre Ruiz  <andre.ruiz at gmail.com>
Curitiba, PR, Brasil