/etc/shadow

Joshua Jensen jjensen at cisco.com
Mon Oct 2 17:34:53 UTC 2006

On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 07:45:25AM -0700, Bartel, Zack wrote:
> Hi Binard,
>
> I was having this exact same problem last week. The files themselves are
> in Sysvinit and setup packages, however it is the authconfig package
> that I believe you may be missing. Feel free to contact me if you'd like
> some more information.

I 2nd this.  Are you installing with "%packages --nobase" ?  Anaconda
needs authconfig to create /etc/shadow.  Future versions of anaconda
will force install authconfig, regardless package selection.  For now,
just make sure authconfig gets installed.

Joshua

> Zack Bartel
> Tectura
> Tel:      425-957-4237

Joshua Jensen <jjensen ☆ cisco.com>
Work:  919 392 1488  Mobile: 919 454 9679  Fax: 919 392 8902
"Moderation in Moderation"