/etc/shadow

Bartel, Zack Zack.Bartel at Tectura.com
Tue Oct 3 16:22:07 UTC 2006

This is what I have so far. It's a minimal package set for running a
jvm.

http://pastebin.osuosl.org/260

Zack Bartel
Tectura
Tel:      425-957-4237
Mobile: 503-320-1884
E-mail: zack.bartel at tectura.com
-----Original Message-----
From: kickstart-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:kickstart-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Shabazian, Chip
Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2006 9:17 AM
To: Discussion list about Kickstart
Subject: RE: /etc/shadow

I simply remove everything I don't need in %packages, and I can get a
VERY small install.  This is with RHEL 3:

%packages
# you COULD delete the following, but I want them
#-portmap
#-openssh-clients
#-openssh-server
#-openssh
#-openssl
#-vim-minimal
#-vim-common
#-dhclient
# To install a Minimum X environment, the following is all that is
needed
# XFree86-twm
-cyrus-sasl
-cyrus-sasl-md5