removing rpms in %pre during kickstart upgrade installation

Shabazian, Chip Chip.Shabazian at bankofamerica.com
Fri Oct 6 18:45:48 UTC 2006

If you can copy a file onto the device and execute it, then you can do
the entire build with that one file.  Copy a script that removes the
unwanted rpms, installs the build kernel, sets up grub, and reboots the
box.  The server will build completely unattended and the unwanted rpms
will already be removed.

Chip