Specifying values dynamically using pre section

Ajitabh Pandey ajitabhpandey at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 10:03:17 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have all the RPMS on an HTTP server and using the following line I
start my kickstart. Somce servers are 32-bit and some are 64-bit.

url --url http://debian-management-server/rhel/rhel4/amd-64/

At present I have to manually change the above URL in my  base
kickstart file if I have to install on a 32-bit machine. Like, I use

url --url http://debian-management-server/rhel/rhel4/i386/

I am sure there is a dynamic way of specifying such differences in the
form of variables in the pre section of the kickstart. If yes, can
someone give some examples. This will also help me in setting up the
hostname, ip-address and so on dynamically.

Regards.
--
Ajitabh Pandey
http://www.ajitabhpandey.info/