Specifying values dynamically using pre section

Tom Miller tmafs at us.ibm.com
Wed Sep 6 15:57:01 UTC 2006

Jesse,
The ksdevice=link did  work with this RHEL5 beta1 version of netboot.img!
It was able to
configure the right nic card and nfs mount the server to fetch the
kickstart file.  But then
with this in the kickstart file :
network --device link --bootproto static --ip 9.3.22.109 --netmask
255.255.255.128 --gateway 9.3.22.1 --nameserver 9.0.7.1 --hostname
sift22109.austin.ibm.com

anacondo could not configure the right nic card:  When it tried the nfs
mount to the install
image dir it failed:

                       |That directory could not be    ¦
                       ¦ mounted from the server.     |

I guess I still need to be able to put mac address in kickstart file.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 9:57 AM