%include syntax and usage

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Thu Sep 14 00:46:40 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 13 September 2006 18:59, Robert Denton wrote:
> Jesse, that's interesting approach.  I have actually tried using wget
> but I get the error that wget is not a known command. I usually do
> not use a %pre section.  Where should I put the wget?  In the %post?
> Don't I need to declare packages before the %post section?

Strange, I'm pretty sure wget worked before...  Python is there you can always
use a python library to pull down the script.  Your packages do need to be
defined before %post.  Here is the code I used:

%pre
cd /tmp
# Get the part generator and run it
wget http://192.168.2.3/production/autokickrhel4.py
python autokickrhel4.py

This generated content for my partitions, my X config, and my package set.

%include /tmp/parts
%include /tmp/xconfig
%include /tmp/packages