RAID 1 without specifying devices

Shabazian, Chip Chip.Shabazian at bankofamerica.com
Thu Sep 14 18:04:50 UTC 2006

I've made my installs generic by doing some work in the %pre, then using
%include /tmp/partinfo in the command section.

something like this is what I use in the %pre

# Determine how many drives we have
set $(list-harddrives)
let numd=$#/2
d1=$1
d2=$3

# Use this scheme for two or more drives
if [ $numd -ge 2 ] ; then
cat << EOF >> /tmp/partinfo
YOUR SETUP --ondisk=$d1
YOUR SETUP --ondisk=$d2