FC5 package ordering

Chris Pattullo cpattullo at parasun.com
Tue Sep 19 19:03:41 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 12:00 -0400, Ian Leonard <ian at smallworld.cx>
wrote:
>         The main problem is that one of my rpms (that begins with an
>         'm') is on disk 2 but is required by the installer when disk 1
>         is in.

Ian,

	Are you using 'splittree.py' & 'genhdlist' as part of your CD build
process? As I understand it splittree is required in order to split the
pacakges into the necessary number of 'CDs', and genhdlist is needed to
be run after the split again in order to re-generate the list of
packages for each CD. Both scripts should have come with the
anaconda-runtime package.

	I use the following process to build my images. I'm making CD, not DVD
images though, and much of what I do is dynamic so steps 6-12 are
probably what might help most:

 1.) create the kickstart file
 2.) create the comps.xml file
 3.) create the .discinfo file
 4.) create the isolinux.cfg file
 5.) create the isolinux menu file

 6.) generate the hdlists (genhdlist)
 7.) check dependencies (getfullcomps.py)
 8.) generate the package order file (pkgorder)
 9.) build the install tree (buildinstall)
 10.) split the install image (splittree.py)
 11.) regen the hdlists (genhdlist)
 12.) build the iso images (mkisofs)

 13.) implant md5sums in the images (implantisomd5)
 14.) verify the md5sums (checkisomd5)

	Hope the above helps.

Chris

--