Unwanted packages being added...

Binand Sethumadhavan binand at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 15:08:20 UTC 2006

Hi All,

I think this might be a faq, but here goes...

I have a custom comps.xml, and a kickstart install that works. Only
that I seem to pull this one package from my HTTP repository:

compat-gcc-c++

Its dependency tree stretches like:

compat-gcc
compat-libstdc++
compat-libstdc++-devel
glibc-devel
glibc-headers
glibc-kernheaders

Now, I can't see any package that requires compat-gcc-c++:

[root at ginny root]# rpm -q --whatrequires compat-gcc-g++
no package requires compat-gcc-g++

It is not referred anywhere in my comps.xml file either.

[root at avalanche base]# grep compat-gcc-c++ comps.xml
[root at avalanche base]#

So I'm at a loss why this one package and its dependencies are being
pulled into my minimal install. This is RHEL3-U7.

TIA,

Binand