Fedora and kickstart

Jason Edgecombe jason at rampaginggeek.com
Tue Apr 10 15:57:11 UTC 2007

seth vidal wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 10:30 -0400, Brian Peront wrote:
>
>> Seth,
>>
>> On my system in
>>
>> /free/FC6/Fedora/RPMS
>>

>> I ran createrepo -v .   ( In  /free/FC6/Fedora/RPMS )  and my rpms are
>> there.  I'm still getting the same error missing package.
>>

> run it in FC6, not in Fedora/RPMS
>
> and you need to run:
> createrepo -g relative-path-to-comps.xml .
>
> -sv

My experience with RHEL5 which is similar to FC6 is as follows:

I have my unpacked CD's on an nfs server and then created a directory
for my custom rpms. I ran createrepo on my custom rpm folder and added a
"repo" lin to my kickstart file to include the customs rpms. I then add
the custom rpm name to the packages section to install it.

The repo line should work well with http repositories. for my NFS stuff,
I had to mount the nfs server in %pre to get the repo to work, but
that's only for NFS.

I haven't needed to much with comps.xml to add my custom rpms.

Sincerely,
Jason