How to use kickstart when I have 2 network card

Callahan, Tom CallahanT at tessco.com
Thu Apr 26 13:37:57 UTC 2007

Use ksdevice=eth(x). Other useful options are:

ip=192.10.10.10 ‹ statically set ip
netmask=255.255.255.0 ‹ statically set netmask
dns=10.10.10.10 ‹ statically set dns
gateway= 10.10.10.10 ‹ statically set gateway address

This way you don¹t even need DHCP to set up a machine :)

On 4/26/07 2:21 AM, "Zheng, Shaohui" <shaohui.zheng at intel.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>        I meet problems when I use kickstart to do a full automation
> installation. I try to install the OS from a NFS server, all the ISO files and
> kickstart configuration files are in network. It works well if we have one
> network card only, but if some machine have 2 network card, it can not do it
> automatically. The kickstart manual says that if we have two network card, we
> must put the kickstart configuration file in local file system. Does it mean
> we do not have any other solution if we put the configuration file in network?
> If you know how to do it, would you please tell me, your suggestion is helpful
> for me, thanks so much.
>
> Shaohui
> Best Regards

-------------------------------
Tom Callahan
TDS Engineering
410-229-1361  Tel
410-588-7605  Mobile
410-229-1512  Fax
callahant at TESSCO.com

TESSCO
Your Total Source for Wireless
http://www.tessco.com

Network Infrastructure Equipment | Mobile Devices & Accessories |
Installation, Test, Equipment & Supplies