Identifying SCSI or IDE drives in %pre

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 13:31:19 UTC 2007

On 3/29/07, Jason Edgecombe <jason at rampaginggeek.com> wrote:

> Daniel Segall wrote:
> > I deploy kickstarts to a number of different configurations. The servers
> have IDE, SAS, or SCSI drives. My partitioning is always the same, but if
> it's an IDE server, I do a software raid1. The SCSI & SAS servers have
> hardware raid1.

I wonder how you will determine IDE or SCSI with Fedora 7 and beyond since
the new libata causes all devices to be named /dev/sda (even IDE drives).  I
haven't poked around /proc on Fedora 7, but I wonder if the new libata will
leave hints on which bus the device is using (IDE or SCSI) and you can
change your logic based on that.

/Brian/