Re: Identifying SCSI or IDE drives in %pre

On 3/29/07, Jason Edgecombe <jason rampaginggeek com> wrote:
Daniel Segall wrote:
> I deploy kickstarts to a number of different configurations. The servers have IDE, SAS, or SCSI drives. My partitioning is always the same, but if it's an IDE server, I do a software raid1. The SCSI & SAS servers have hardware raid1.

I wonder how you will determine IDE or SCSI with Fedora 7 and beyond since the new libata causes all devices to be named /dev/sda (even IDE drives).  I haven't poked around /proc on Fedora 7, but I wonder if the new libata will leave hints on which bus the device is using (IDE or SCSI) and you can change your logic based on that.

/Brian/