Re: RHEL5 Ejecting CD Before %post

Goetz Rieger wrote:
Hi there,

I'm building a completely CD/DVD based RHEL5 kickstart install. I've to integrate additional stuff like JBoss and Raid utilities. I have tried the same way I've done it a lot of times with RHEL4 by mounting and accessing the CD/DVD in the %post stage.

Apart from the /tmp/cdrom device file disappearing after the packages are installed (does make mounting the CD not easier) it looks like the CD is ejected before the post scripts are run. To verify I did a:

%post
echo "Sleeping in %post..." > /tmp/anaconda_dbg.log

Better,
/bin/sh

at which point you get to typealot.

--