Red Hat ES 4 Kickstart does not find e1000

Alain TAUCH anaconda at maisondubonheur.com
Thu Apr 12 16:49:02 UTC 2007

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 17:34:24 +0100
Richard Skelton [Richard] wrote:

Richard> Hi,
Richard> I have successfully built this Supermicro X7DVL-E system with kickstart
Richard> under Red Hat ES 3 update 8 but when I change to Red Hat ES 4 it fails
Richard> to find any network devices so it can't download the ks.cfg file from my
Richard> NFS server.
Richard>
Richard> This is the console output
Richard>
Richard>  Linux version 2.6.9-34.EL (bhcompile at hs20-bc1-1.build.redhat.com) (gcc
Richard> version 3.4.5 20051201 (Red Hat 3.4.5-2)) #1 Fri Feb 24 16:46:41 EST 2006

You try to install an RHEL4U3 which is older than RHEL3U8. The later
has more recent drivers than the RHEL4U3, this is most likely why your
NIC isn't seen by anaconda.

You should try an RHEL4U4.

--
Alain