kickstart not used in the boot process

Binand Sethumadhavan binand at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 09:09:14 UTC 2007

On 13/04/07, gerard labadie <gerard.labadie at gmail.com> wrote:
> Intel PowerEdge 2650, Red Hat ES 4 update 4
>
> I have created a ks.cfg with system-config-kickstart, and copied "my"
> packages in a temp directory
> I have copied it in the top level directory and in the isolinux directory
> I have chmod u+w isolinux/*

Where have you placed the ks.cfg file? Have you told the installer
that it has a kickstart file available and it should use it? You
should refer to the sysadmin guide, at:

https://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/sysadmin-guide/s1-kickstart2-startinginstall.html

There is a lot more in that guide regarding kickstart installations,
you should go through it all.

> I have created a .iso file, according to
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-5-manual/Installation_Guide-en-US/ch02s04.html

That is of course, the RHEL5 manual and you are installing RHEL4. Not
guaranteed to work :)

https://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/x8664-multi-install-guide/s1-steps-install-cdrom.html

Binand