kickstart not used in the boot process

Edward F. Brown ebrown at lanl.gov
Sat Apr 14 19:39:33 UTC 2007

On Fri, April 13, 2007 8:16 am, Chris Lumens wrote:
> So I don't know exactly what you're doing wrong, but be aware that
> you're not going to get much help from anaconda on this.  This is fixed
> in at least Fedora 7, possibly also in RHEL5.  I can't remember exactly.

I'd like to comment on this, having once criticized redhat/fedora installs
for their lack of 'helpfulness', i.e., flexibility or fault-tolerance when
problems occur.  This is indeed fixed in RHEL5.  Problems with the method
or ks urls, for example, bring up a window to re-enter them, and let you
keep trying till you get them right or get the files right on the server,
or whatever resolution is needed.  Really helps when making changes or
setting up new servers.  Also the new boot-from-hard-drive option, and the
work on a live-cd, mentioned on the anaconda list, it's really great.
Thanks!!

-Ed