Re: drac ilo install via virtual cdrom

On 4/26/07, ksrh skicentral tv <ksrh skicentral tv> wrote:
Howdy:

I am trying to perform a kickstart install of RHEL4U4 exclusively
via the drac (Dell Remote Access Card) interface onto a PE 2950
without utilizing the systems other embedded nics.

Hello,

I'm not familiar with the DRAC as I haven't used Dell servers since the PIII-based 2550.  If the DRAC is anything like the HP Proliant ILO interface, it does not have access to the internal storage devices as installation media.  Even if you were to boot the entire distro via the DRAC virtual CD, you would not be able to install it anywhere.

/Brian/