drac ilo install via virtual cdrom

Matt Sturtz rh-kickstart at matthouse.com
Mon Apr 30 14:14:03 UTC 2007

Hi Brian--

>> I am trying to perform a kickstart install of RHEL4U4 exclusively
>> via the drac (Dell Remote Access Card) interface onto a PE 2950
>> without utilizing the systems other embedded nics.

Although I haven't tried it, you should be able to do this, as long as
it's a media-based install (meaning you're using CD's, even though they're
virtual -- the virtual drive shows up as a USB device, so Linux should be
happy to deal with it).

Note that Linux can NOT see the NIC in the DRAC -- if you're trying to do
a PXE or other Net-based install, you will need to have one of the main
system NIC's connected.

Have you actually tried it?  If so, what problem(s) did you have (sorry, I
missed the original post -- just got a reply)...

-Matt-