Installing minimal number of packages

Joe_Wulf Joe_Wulf at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 22 15:11:24 UTC 2007

Michael, thank you very much for the feedback.
Those PDF's I'll surely take a look at.

The /root/anaconda-ks.cfg does seem to pick up some of the unique qualities of
the HW
installed on.  But, seems to loose specifics, such as anything in %post.  Also,
the
adding of a user doesn't seem to have an equivalent during the install or post
sections.

I'm coming at this still pretty new to kickstart.  So I wish to be clear that I'm
voicing concerns and frustrations.... not throwing stones.  Doing things the
kickstart
way certainly has been entertaining, to say the least.  So far I've been blessed
by
having the luxury of doing things at a sedate pace, in a lab environment.  The
learning
curve to get kickstart going and viable in a production environment, at the pace
mission systems NEED to be pushed out the door would have taken a lot longer, at
least
for me.  I'll keep learning and hopefully contributing some in return.

One thing that is still very difficult for me to 'get' is how to manipulate the
firstboot
'stuff'.  I've been developing a very robust secure hardened version of linux.  I
have
several places where reboots exist, yet have not found good info in any of the KS
docs
I've looked at that describes how to build a system, and manipulate firstboot to
meet
my needs.  Maybe that isn't a kickstart 'thing' either.  Don't know yet.

R,
-Joe Wulf, CISSP, USN(RET)
 Senior IA Engineer
 ProSync Technology Group, LLC