Adding update repos to ks.cfg

Michael michael at kmaclub.com
Fri Aug 17 03:34:09 UTC 2007

I have been using kickstart for a while to do my builds.  I follow up
with yum on the first boot to bring everything up to date.

Today, I started to ask myself why can't I point the installer to the
install DVD image and updates repo at the same time and install the
newest packages without having to do an update.  It seems to work, but I
am concerned this might be risky somehow.

I added something like:

repo --name localupdates --baseurl=http://my.webserver.com/updates

in my ks.cfg

Is this an ok or safe thing to do?  I just hate installing 300 packages
and then having to update 200 because of new package release.

I know I could update my  install tree to include the new packages,  but
if there is any easier way...

Thoughts?

Michael