static network configuration ask

Ed Brown ebrown at lanl.gov
Thu Aug 30 21:45:37 UTC 2007

I'm here reviewing my kickstart file because I think the answer is
much simpler than suggestions so far, and I'm wondering if I'm
forgetting something.  I don't think so.  This is the network line in
the kickstart file:

network --bootproto=static

Then don't wait for anaconda to prompt for parameters, just enter them
at the 'boot:' prompt:

boot: ip=blah gateway=blah netmask=blah dns=blah

I don't think it's necessary to do any processing of /proc/cmdline or
includes etc, this is it.

-Ed