langsupport in Fedora 7

Steve Robson srobson at cadence.com
Tue Dec 4 09:42:59 UTC 2007

Ingo Jochim wrote:
> Subject: langsupport in Fedora 7 ?
> From: Ingo Jochim <i.jochim at querysoft.de>
> Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 16:45:43 +0100
>
> Hi guys,
>
> where is the "langsupport" option in the kickstart config in Fedora 7 ?
> I get "unknown command" running a kickstart file with that option which
> works fine on FC4.
>
> I read that there is a new option called @french-support for example.
> But this does not add something to /etc/sysconfig/i18n which I'm using.
> What has changed?
> I appreciate your help.

Hi Ingo,

   Language packages such as "@french-support" need to be entered into
the "%packages" section of your kickstart config file.  Interested
readers are directed to the 'Kickstart Options' section of the RHEL5
manual (which will be largely applicable to Fedora 7:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-5-manual/Installation_Guide-en-US/s1-kickstart2-options.html

   I note that the entry for 'langsupport' contradicts itself by first
saying that it's required and then saying that it's deprecated!

<excerpt>

  langsupport (required)

     The langsupport keyword is deprecated and its use will cause an
   error message to be printed to the screen and installation to halt.
   Instead of using the langsupport keyword, you should now list the
   support package groups for all languages you want supported in the
   %packages section of your kickstart file. For instance, adding support
   for French means you should add the following to %packages:

   @french-support

<excerpt>

--
   Regards,
   Steve

IT Support - UNIX/Linux                        Cadence Design Systems
                                                Bagshot Road
http://www.cadence.com                         Bracknell BERKSHIRE
                                                RG12 0PH   UK