progress messages

Steve Robson srobson at cadence.com
Wed Dec 5 16:55:33 UTC 2007

> Subject: RE: Couple of questions
> From: "Joe_Wulf" <Joe_Wulf at yahoo.com>
>
> Thank you both for the helpful feedback.
>
> My post section does a number of things before ever letting the system boot.
> My desire was to see some progress messages on the console while that process was
> working.  Such as "reached point x", "reached point y".  The display of them to
> "/dev/console" wasn't very pretty and attempts to clean it up hasn't proven
> successful.  Was hoping someone has also done this and found a way to have lines
> of text display neatly.

Not exactly the same, but similar; in my %pre section I make an NFS
mount and then run a script from the mount.  Verbiage in that script is
simply echoed out:
echo "blah blah"
and this appears on VC3, with proper cr/lf.  Hope this helps,

--
   Regards,
   Steve

IT Support - UNIX/Linux                        Cadence Design Systems
                                                Bagshot Road
                                                Bracknell BERKSHIRE
                                                RG12 0PH   UK