Confirming predefined partition layout using kickstart

Peter Åstrand astrand at cendio.se
Thu Dec 6 20:02:47 UTC 2007

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007, Peter Åstrand wrote:

> "Could not allocate requested partitions". If we are using:
>
> zerombr
> clearpart --all --initlabel
> partition / --fstype ext3 --size=1600 --asprimary
> partition swap --recommended
>
> ...things works great, but then there's no confirmation.

I've discovered one major problem: When booting from a USB stick with
diskboot.img, a kickstart file like this erases the USB stick! How can
this be prevented? It seems like it's fairly reliable that the first disk
is normally sda, but if booting from USB stick, sda is the stick. I guess
we need to use "ignoredisk" on the USB stick or something like that, but I
cannot find any obvious solution.

Regards,
---
Peter Åstrand		ThinLinc Chief Developer