[Fwd: f8: install via PXE/NFS problem (mount)]

Dario Lesca d.lesca at solinos.it
Fri Dec 7 16:18:18 UTC 2007

Il giorno ven, 07/12/2007 alle 09.56 -0500, Joe_Wulf ha scritto:

> -  What is the OS of the system hosting your PXE/kickstart processes?  Is it
>    updated and current with patches?
Fedora 7 + all standard updates

> -  How good (what kind) of computer is doing the hosting, how much memory, what
>    kind of nic card, what network equipment are you dealing with?
HP-DL380-G5 4Gb RAM - 2 Intel Xeon CPU
Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme II BCM5708 Gigabit

> -  What is the hardware you are booting via PXE/kickstart (CPU, 32/64 bit, mem)?
HP Compaq - 512Mb RAM - 1 Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual 80GHz

> -  Are you booting this system to be kickstarted as a virtual machine or as the
>    physical box itself?
Is a physical PC but the problem happened also with VMware

> -  Can you get a second physically different system to successfully boot via
>    kickstart for Fedora 8?
No, all my test fail.

> -  What else can you describe of the physical network that might have any bearing
>    on this problem?
All work file, from fc1 to f7 ...

> -  What specifically is the condition you are seeing that ends the kickstart?
>    What error message(s) do you see on the console?  What is the gist of the
>    output in VC3 and VC4?
something like "mount failed" on VC3/4
and on VC6 a box which show an error in anaconda (ks not found)

> >From my own experience I suggest you re-validate your DHCP, DNS, tftp and PXEboot
> configuration.
With current configuration, if I choice f7 at PXE boot, all work fine.
The procedure is the same for all version (i use a shell script in %pre
section).

> Hopefully these questions will be beneficial to getting your problem resolved.
thanks for help.

--
Dario Lesca <d.lesca at solinos.it>