[Fwd: yum updates]

Timo Bergemann tbergema at eso.org
Wed Feb 21 14:13:55 UTC 2007

Hello,
thank for your reply.
just to make it complete...
I assumed that something changed, that the installer does not anymore a
chroot by default.
But it should, as I just found options to disables this like %post
--nochroot.
anyway, yum is running again.
I simply had some errors in my post installations which confused yum
that much that it was not working anymore like written below.

Thanks Seth,
 your hind was directing me in the right direction. THX

Timo

Terry Black schrieb:
> A problem I had was that I ran out of space in /var/spool/up2date. If there are a lot of packages you would be surprised hoe much space is needed.
> Terry
>

> On Tue, 2007-02-20 at 15:37 +0100, Timo Bergemann wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I was working earlier with kickstart and I was used to make first a
>> basic installation via kickstart and then to upgrade to the latest
>> packages via yum in the %POST.
>> unfortunately this I have seen the last time working in FC3.
>>
>> when I try  to update all packages in %post I get a lot like followed:
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>  File "/mnt/sysimage/usr/bin/yum", line 28, in ?
>>    import yummain
>> ImportError: No module named yummain
>>
>> even if I do not believe that i should do a chroot to /mnt/sysimage,
>> if I try the same but before "chroot /mnt/sysimage" I come further but
>> not far enough. I get a list of all packages which will get upgraded but
>> then finally a crash with a lot of errors like this which I will append
>> later if needed.
>> But the fix should be anyway NOT to chroot
>>

> 1. you do need to be in the chroot
> 2. if you can post the errors you're seeing on update that would be
> appreciated.
>

> -sv

> NOTICE: This message contains privileged and confidential
> information intended only for the addressee. If you have received
> this message in error you must not disseminate, copy or take action
> on it; please notify postmaster at specsavers.com Opinions expressed
> in this message are those of the sender and do not necessarily
> represent those of Specsavers. Although this e-mail and any
> attachments are believed to be virus free, e-mail communications
> are not 100% secure and Specsavers makes no warranty that this
> message is secure or virus free. All references to Specsavers mean
> Specsavers Optical Group Limited or any member of the Specsavers
> Group of Companies. Nothing in this transmission shall or shall be
> deemed to constitute an offer or acceptance of an offer or
> otherwise have the effect of forming a contract by electronic
> communication. Your name and address may be stored to facilitate
> communications.

                             \|/
                            (o o)
     / ____/  / ____/  / ___  / Timo Bergemann
    / /___   / /___   / /  / /  European Southern Observatory
   / ____/  /___  /  / /  / /   Karl-Schwarzschildstr. 2
  / /___   ___ / /  / /__/ /    D-85748 Garching bei Muenchen

 fax   : +49 89 3200 6380       e-mail : tbergema at eso.org
 voice : +49 89 3200 6760       www    : http://www.eso.org