Re: Install order

On Feb 7, 2007, at 9:57 AM, <tamas 1 simon nokia com> <tamas 1 simon nokia com> wrote:

Ok, thanks, but the packege is not mine but made by hp, so I don't want
to modify it.

If the package is wrong and can't be modified, the most reasonable solution is just to run rpm in a %post script to install it manually.

Tamas

-----Original Message-----
Keating
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 3:46 PM
Subject: Re: Install order

On Wednesday 07 February 2007 09:41, tamas 1 simon nokia com wrote:
I just have some packages which actually doesn't have dependency but
in the pre and post install script of rpm they use eg. grep to check
something, and at this point grep is not installed, so the package
will not be installed with kickstart.

Is there any option in kickstart to tell a package 'when' it should be

installed?

Use Requires(pre) or Requires(post) in your package if it uses grep.
This will ensure ordering so that grep is installed before your package.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora