kickstart installation hardware support

I am having some problems installing Fedora core 5 on my system. When I use the FC5 boot disk with the kickstart directive

linux ks=http://somedomain/ks.cfg

The installation ignores the ks configuration completely and continues on to the graphical installation. I do not know if it is relevent but I do not
have dhcp on my network where the machine so I need to setup the ip address statically.

As a note, when I try to boot using the FC6 boot disk with the same ks option with no DHCP everything works perfectly. I want to know what the
problem might be and how to add driver support for my kickstart installation. Here is my system hardware description.