kickstart installation hardware support

Chris Lumens clumens at redhat.com
Thu Feb 22 16:39:54 UTC 2007

> I am having some problems installing Fedora core 5 on my system. When I use
> the FC5 boot disk with the kickstart directive
>
> linux ks=http://somedomain/ks.cfg
>
> The installation ignores the ks configuration completely and continues on to
> the graphical installation. I do not know if it is relevent but I do not
> have dhcp on my network where the machine so I need to setup the ip address
> statically.

Previous version of anaconda had a bug where if it was unable to get the
kickstart file for any reason (bad URL, couldn't get network access,
phase of the moon, etc.) it would just fall over to a regular
interactive install with no notice at all.  This should be fixed in F7
test 1.  It will tell you there was trouble getting the kickstart file
and prompt you to fix up the ks= parameter you provided to make another
attempt.

- Chris