Re: kickstart installation hardware support

KENNEDY VAN DAM Eric wrote:
	De : kickstart-list-bounces redhat com [mailto:kickstart-list-bounces redhat com] De la part de Steven Dalton
	Envoyé : jeudi 22 février 2007 16:50
	À : kickstart-list redhat com
	Objet : kickstart installation hardware support

	I am having some problems installing Fedora core 5 on my system. When I use the FC5 boot disk with the kickstart directive

	linux ks=http://somedomain/ks.cfg

The installation ignores the ks configuration completely and continues on to the graphical installation. I do not know if it > is relevent but I do not have dhcp on my network where the machine so I need to setup the ip address statically.

Hi.

As you don't have any DHCP server, you can try to configure ip on lilo/grub. Have a look to the ip kernel parameter:

I don't think the kernel's going to interpret this (when last I read up on this, it required the NIC driver to be built into the kernel, and for kernel support to be explicitly configured in).

However, it is possible for the linuxrc script (and its successors) to interpret it.

Certainly, IP= works in Ubuntu, but I've not explored why, I just assumed it's done in the scripts & didn't need to know one way or the other.

In your case, I should try something like this:

_That_ would _never_ work on _my_ server. My server like names, not numbers - they are delicate souls:-)

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait