kickstart installation hardware support

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Fri Feb 23 21:12:30 UTC 2007

KENNEDY VAN DAM Eric wrote:
> [...]

I don't think the kernel's going to interpret this (when last I read up
on this, it required the NIC driver to be built into the kernel, and for
kernel support to be explicitly configured in).

However, it is possible for the linuxrc script (and its successors) to
interpret it.

Certainly, IP= works in Ubuntu, but I've not explored why, I just
assumed it's done in the scripts & didn't need to know one way or the other.

> In your case, I should try something like this:

_That_ would _never_ work on _my_ server. My server like names, not
numbers - they are delicate souls:-)

--

Cheers
John