confusion of installation process

Ray Van Dolson rvandolson at esri.com
Thu Jan 11 20:49:28 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 01:49:00PM -0700, Harner Keith-FKH006 wrote:

> Yes it is a pretty good guide
> I was looking for something as bit more detailed.
>
> A low level explanation of the kickstart process.
> What files contain what
> The order they are accessed
> Etc...

Ah, my bad.  That's what I get for jumping into the middle of a thread. :)
I'd be interested in something like this as well.  I'm especially puzzed as to
why anaconda brings the network interface up and down a few times after the
initial acquisition of an IP address.  Very annoying on switches with STP
enabled where we need 30 second delays to get an IP address every time. :)

Ray