Fedora 6 and kickstart

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Jan 17 13:36:05 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 17 January 2007 08:24, Brian Peront wrote:
> To all,
>
> I have been working with kickstart ( redhat 9 ) for a long time. I have
> just started to try to kickstart out with Fedora 6.  So far I have no
> luck at all.
>
>  From all of the Doc's we no longer can dd the diskboot.img to floppy
> it's to big to fit.
>
> So can we dd the image and put it on a partition and kickstart from
> there ????
>
> or
>
> Do we have to boot via CDROM ???
>
> any help would be appreciated.

Your boot options are:

CD (boot.iso, first CD, the DVD, even the rescuecd.iso)
USB Flash (diskboot.img)
PXE (kernel and initrd included for this in the images/ directory on the CD
and exploaded tree)
Grub (use the pxe kernel and initrd in a grub line for an existing system)

The 2.6 kernel is just too big to fit on floppy anymore.  Time to move on.
Your kickstart file can still be on a floppy if you really want it to.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora