Network Driver and kickstart

Ray Van Dolson rvandolson at esri.com
Fri Jan 5 23:20:28 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 06:14:55PM -0500, Matt Rose wrote:

> Funny, I just finished fighting with this, the installer and kernel
> work fine, but for some reason, you have to disable PXE on the
> ethernet devices to get it to work.  Does anyone know why this is?
>
> Matt

You mean the NIC isn't detected or won't work in the installer at all if PXE
is enabled on that interface?

I have not run across that on our 2950's.  The NIC's do show up reversed in
the OS -- eg eth0 is actually port 2 and eth1 is actually port 1 (in BIOS and
labeled on the back of the server).

Ray