kickstart and 2950 Dells

Leonhardt, Rick rick.leonhardt at belo.com
Mon Jan 8 14:53:59 UTC 2007

I agree with what the other folks are saying (esp PXE and reversed NIC's).
I'm also having the same issue with 1950's.Dell had me get some a ZIP file
which contained two RPM's and a tarball. OS is 3.0 ES with update 4.
Supposedly if you burn ISO's of Update 4 at Red Hat's site then you have the
Broadcom drivers included. That's true but that is only if you are "hand
Manage CD's will also work but that seems to defeat "kickstart"  If you're
not seeing the network drivers  try  "#l lspci | grep Broadcom" and "# lsmod
| grep bnx"; So I ended up installing/removing the RPM's a few times.  You
can get Dell drivers here
http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx?c=us
<http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx?c=us&cs=555&l=en&s=biz