modifying fedora core kickstart w/newer kernel

nate kickstart at linuxpowered.net
Wed Jan 10 20:58:41 UTC 2007

nate said:
> Fedora core 4 that is ...
>
> I'm still working on convincing the folks at my company to go
> with something newer but for now several systems are on FC4.

I managed to netcat the anaconda.log to another host and this is
the snip of the log that is related:

[..]
* had unresolved dependencies, resolved.
* moving (1) to step install
* id.methodstr = http://10.200.250.11/kickstart/OS/fc4_32_test/ 1
* moving (1) to step enablefilesystems
* formatting swap as swap
* formatting / as ext3
* Format command:  ['/usr/sbin/mke2fs', '/tmp/hda2', '-i', '4096', '-j']

* formatting /boot as ext3
* Format command:  ['/usr/sbin/mke2fs', '/tmp/hda1', '-i', '4096', '-j']

* trying to mount proc on /proc
* isys.py:mount()- going to mount proc on /mnt/sysimage/proc
* trying to mount sys on /sys
* isys.py:mount()- going to mount sys on /mnt/sysimage/sys
* moving (1) to step migratefilesystems
* moving (1) to step setuptime
* moving (1) to step preinstallconfig
* no dev package, going to bind mount /dev
* isys.py:mount()- going to mount /dev on /mnt/sysimage/dev
* moving (1) to step installpackages
* setting file_context_path to nil

notice how it formats the filesystems but doesn't mount them,
it just goes straight to installing packages, it knows the
config '/boot is hda1, / is hda2'...?! I tried browsing through
the python source that does this stuff but I'm no developer,
I can't really follow the flow..

nate