"pump" times out -- extend a few seconds more?

Bill-Schoolcraft bill at wiliweld.com
Fri Jan 12 05:24:50 UTC 2007

Hello Family,

I have a series of switches, in racks, and one of them seems to be a bit
slow so when kickstart goes for it's dhcp request, pump times out.  The
initial PXE takes much more time to get an "ack" at the initial contact
than the same boxes in other racks with other switches but then finally
starts chugging away -- it's the next dhcp request that fails, times out.

Today I took the same box, draped a cat6 cable to another, less
populated switch, and it kicked fine.

(question)
So my question is, how or where can I place an argument to tell
kickstart's "pump" request to try longer before timing out.

TIA

--
Bill Schoolcraft <*> http://wiliweld.com
                  ~