Core6 genhdlist

Schmidt, Jolynn Jolynn.Schmidt at nasdaq.com
Thu Jan 18 19:58:02 UTC 2007

Thanks, this is really helpful, but I would just like to clarify a couple of things.   I currently have a Core4 repository for doing ongoing yum updates so when I create the Core6 repository I will test it out with kickstart.  My updates repository has always been ftp based though, will this be an issue?  Is kickstart able to install the base from NFS and then run yum updates via ftp?

I assume I will need two lines added to the kickstart file

repo --name=myrepo --baseurl=ftp://10.1.1.1/myrepo

and

yum -y update --enablerepo=myrepo

I am a little confused by the iso vs. non-iso image.  We have created a Fedora/RPMS/ directory that we copied from the iso images, that directory is NFS mounted and we install from that.  Would this be considered a non-iso install?  It's the only way I have ever done it so I am not sure.
Thanks again,
Jolynn