Mounting NFS during Kickstart as RW

Matt Sturtz rh-kickstart at matthouse.com
Tue Jan 23 17:57:15 UTC 2007

> Does anyone on this List know whether or not an NFS mount can be mounted
> RW on the target system during a Kickstart installation? I am attempting
> to redirect all of my standard out/error to a log file located on the
> system hosting my ISOs.

I do this as one of the first lines in my %pre -- so that I can write
configuration information, etc...

I used to simply mount RW on top of the old RO mount, as follows:
mount kickstartserver:/kickstartdirectory /mnt/source

...which worked fine on RHEL-3, but on 4, it ceased to work correctly.

On RHEL-4, I had to change it slighly, which is probably the more
"correct" way to do it anyway:

mount -o remount,rw kickstartserver:/kickstartdirectory /mnt/sourc

...I don't use Fedora, only RHEL, so I couldn't say if that will help you
or not...

-Matt-