FC3 kickstart -> does not recognize cd

Mathew Rowley mrowley at esoft.com
Tue Jan 23 23:01:01 UTC 2007

Im trying to create a FC3 kickstart DVD in FC6, yet, when I attempt to
boot the CD, anaconda loads and says 'The Fedora Core CD was not found
in any of your CDROM drives. Please insert the Fedora Core CD and press
OK to retry.' I cant figure out what is going wrong... When I look in
the console i get a few errors...

<3>FAT: Bogus number of reserved sectors
<6>VFS: Cant find a valid FAT filesystem on dev hdc
<4>VFS: Cant find ext2 filesystem on dev hdc.
<4>Unable to load NLS charset utf8

I am attempting to boot this on a virtual machine. The only thing I can
think is, since im using FC6, I have to use 'createrepo' instead of
'genhdlist'... Will that create this error?  This is exactly how i
create the cd image.

sudo cp nepenthes-ks.cfg FC3/isolinux/

cd FC3
sudo createrepo -g Fedora/base/comps.xml `pwd`
cd ..
sudo mkisofs -o nepenthes-ossim.iso -V 'FC/3 i386' -b
isolinux/isolinux.bin -c isolinux/boot.cat -no-emul-boot
-boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -r -R -T -J -joliet-long -l FC3

Can anyone see anything that I could be doing wrong?
Thanks in advance.
--

\\ Mathew Rowley
\\ eSoft Inc.