FC3 kickstart -> does not recognize cd

tamas.1.simon at nokia.com tamas.1.simon at nokia.com
Wed Jan 24 09:10:55 UTC 2007

Hi,

I had some kind of this problem, the difference is I had it at RHEL4.

There are many nice pages on the web to explain how kickstart works,
should be configure and so on.. but it didn't solve my issue.

What I have in my image:
	/ -> .discinfo of the original cd and my ks.cfg
	/isolinux -> original files from the cd with the modified
isolinux.cfg
	/RedHat
		/base -> original files but hdlist(2) regenerated and
comps.xml little bit modified but I think it is not needed
		/RPMS -> modified rpm list
	/SRMPS -> empty

So I'm booting from iso file as a virtual cd-rom with HP's ilo..
And this time in the isolinux.cfg I had to add 'hd:scd0' instead of
cdrom:

	label iso
	  kernel vmlinuz
	  append ks=hd:scd0:/ks.cfg initrd=initrd.img ramdisk_size=8192

Check with Alt+F3 how it would like to reach your cdrom.
I hope this helps.

What you wrote seems to be ok for me.

Br,
Tamas