/etc/sysconfig/desktop

Jason Kohles email at jasonkohles.com
Wed Jan 24 16:22:31 UTC 2007

On Jan 24, 2007, at 3:49 AM, <tamas.1.simon at nokia.com> <tamas.
1.simon at nokia.com> wrote:

> Thanks,
>
> Actually I have thought of this solution but I have an other line
> in the
> desktop file: 'DESKTOP=icewm' but with this command it would be
> overwritten.

No it wouldn't, >> appends to the file, it doesn't overwrite it.

> So I have a nice script to check the desktop file and put the
> PREFERRED
> thing into it if this line would not exist, and this script would
> go to
> the %post part.

That makes it a little cleaner, but Chip's suggestion works just as
well.  If the file already has a PREFERRED line, you will end up with
two, but the new one will override the old one, so you still get what
you want.

> I was only curious whether there is any other solution.
>
> Thanks again!
>
> Tamas

Jason Kohles
email at jasonkohles.com
http://www.jasonkohles.com/
"A witty saying proves nothing."  -- Voltaire