detecting i386 or x86_64 in kickstart

Philip Rowlands phr at doc.ic.ac.uk
Fri Jan 26 02:10:56 UTC 2007

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007, Jason Edgecombe wrote:

> I figured /proc/cpuinfo would be the ticket, but I have no clue what
> to look for. Where can I find the docs for all of the info in
> /proc/cpuinfo?

Either the kernel source or Google search would be a good start. I was
going to reply to the initial query, expect there was nothing on my
64-bit cpuinfo which stood out as an obvious clue.

If you know the hardware in advance, the cpu family and model should be
enough to pick 32 or 64 from a pre-defined list.

Cheers,
Phil